GÉTICA’s Research Article Awards 2022
We are pleased to announce the GÉTICA’s Research Article Awards 2022 for research publications in the field of cancer immunotherapy. Two different research articles published in 2022 will be awarded, one in each of the two calls (June 2022 and December 2022).
This award aims to recognize two GÉTICA members for their publications of high-quality, original research in a peer-reviewed journal. The prize is intended to contribute to fund (fully or partially) the article processing charges (APC) of publication, with the broader aim of promoting further high-quality publications from Spain in the field of cancer immunotherapy.
Eligibility for the Awards
- Articles must have been published in a Q1 (SJR) journal of Cancer field in last ranking update (Scimago Journal & Country Rank).
- The research topic must be related to cancer immunotherapy/cancer biotherapy; both basic research and applied research articles are welcome.
- The first and/or corresponding author must be a GÉTICA member.
- Research must have been carried out (at least in part) in a Spanish institution. Likewise, the affiliation from one (or both) of the first and corresponding authors must be at a Spanish institution.
- The article must have been published between January 2022 and June 2022 for this call.
- One awardee article will be selected for each call (each six months).
- The winner (e.g., first or corresponding author) of the article will receive 1,500€ to fully or partially refund the APC of the presented original research publication.
- A GÉTICA certificate will be given to the awardees during the annual GÉTICA meeting (FIT Cancer; date to be announced). Authors of relevant research articles will be invited to present their results during FIT Cancer, in a format determined at the organizers´ discretion.
Applications will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of GÉTICA, according to the following criteria:
- Impact factor of the journal
- Originality of the research objectives, and creativity of the study design
- Multidisciplinary articles are encouraged - Early-career investigators (e.g., who completed their PhD or specialization ≤ 10 years ago) will be positively considered
- Preference will be given to research that shows collaboration between different specialties
Nominations (self-nomination or from another person) must include a letter (no longer than 1 page, with a text font size of at least 11 points) summarizing the research article and explaining the significance of its findings. The submission letter should be suitable for dissemination with the award announcement and must be signed by the first and corresponding authors. It can be written in either English or Spanish.
For this first 2022 call, submissions are accepted until June 30, 2022. The article will be selected after thorough evaluation by the Scientific Committee of GÉTICA, and the winner will be announced July 31, 2022.
All applications that meet the selection criteria will undergo evaluation by a Scientific Committee comprised of one scientific secretary and two members of the Board of Directors. All conflicts of interests (such as previous authorship or affiliation to the same institution) of committee members will be avoided by substitution of that member. Once the decision is made, it will be communicated to the first and corresponding authors. An announcement of the winner will be made by GÉTICA via social media and through e-mail, following the winner's indication to accept the prize.
Más información a través de este enlace.